Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

Ok, it’s actually beginning to look a lot like laundry day at my house but that is the reason I have been skipping around singing ‘O Holy Night’ in my best Amy Grant voice impersonation and let me tell you it’s not pretty unless I have shower acoustics to help.  So, I was getting dressed for work this morning and as I slipped on my Santa Claus thong I came to a stunning realization…I have an unhealthy amount of Christmas underwear.  UNDER-ROOS.  BUNDERWEAR.  FANCY PANTS.  Whatever you call them, I have at least 75 pairs with a Christmas/Holiday/Winter theme going on and I am not going to lie, I love it!  Here is the bigger question though, why am I so drawn to Holiday underwear?  And why only that Holiday?  Could it be due to the fact that it is a rarity to see Labor Day or Easter underwear?  What, no Turkey themed underwear? Gooble, Gooble? A Sexy Pilgrim Pin-Up Girl? RIGHT, CAUSE THAT’S WEIRD!!!  But throw Turkey’s distant relative Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on there and I’ll take a package of 3 please.  Someone hit the marketing jackpot with Christmas themed underwear.  So much so that they even have it for men.  Usually men could care less about their undergarments as long as their hiney’s are covered.  I mean, Boyfriend wears boxers that are one quality step up from a brown paper bag  which is most likely due to the fact that they come in a pack of 25 and only cost $5.  But, wait, even MEN sport the Christmas drawers!  ”Jingle these Bells!”  Who doesn’t love that?  So as retail stores begin to prepare for the holiday and thoughts of sugar plums dance in children’s heads, know that my chunky butt is dancing around in Christmas themed bundies too. 

According to my calculations, it’s 88 days until Christmas and I have 75 pairs of Holiday underwear so, I have 2 choices:

1. Do 2 loads of needed laundry in the next 88 days or
2. Buy 13 more pairs of Christmas undies. 

I think we all know the answer to that.  Tis’ the Season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment